Remember the times in which he ate the sweet rice traditional in the house of the grandmother and prepare this delicious cuisine and traditional Portuguese.
The rice and traditional sweet is a recipe very old, which certainly already ate at the table of the grandmother when she was a child. Each new generation, the dessert receives minor modifications, because it is common that the notes will lose the time and it is necessary to resort to memory to hit the taste and the consistency.
To compare the various revenues that there are through the internet, we realized that most of them have ingredients in common, varying only the quantities, as the doses that will serve.
We chose a recipe for sweet rice the traditional, so that you can do in the festivals of end of the year or at any weekend to enjoy with family and friends.
RICE RECIPE TRADITIONAL SWEET
This recipe, as well as other prepared by older people, it takes milk and egg yolks. But if you are vegan or cannot consume these ingredients, it is also possible to make the version with only those remaining are listed.
– Ingredients –
- 1 cup almoçadeira (can be a bowl) of rice carolino
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 shells translucent lemon
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 cups and a half of milk fat warm
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 egg yolks (at room temperature)
- Cinnamon powder for dusting
– Mode of preparation –
- Wash and cook the rice in 2 cups full of hot water with a pinch of salt, simmer. Let fully absorb all the water, checking to see if the rice is well cooked.
- Add to the pot the sugar, the lemon peel, the cinnamon stick, milk and butter and stir until the sugar dissolves. Continue to stir gently, until you feel that the preparation begins to boil and thicken slightly (about 6 to 8 minutes).
- In the meantime, stir the egg yolks in a bowl until they become undone. Add two to three tablespoons of the prepared and mix well (serves to heat the egg yolks and not run the risk of these talharem when the plop down on the pot on the stove).
- Remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick to the pot and add in the wire to the egg yolks, stirring constantly, over very low heat until the preparation thickens (3 to 5 minutes), removing the heat as the taste, this is, more or less liquid (if you like the rice very creamy, remove from the heat which is still fairly liquid; when cool, it will absorb the residual liquid and keep the creaminess).
- Pour the rice in a bowl or taçinhas individual, and sprinkle with cinnamon powder. Serve warm or cold.